Salted Caramel Tahini Popcorn
We were over the moon when our friend, Kristin Nelson, farmer, mother, founder of The Ardent Homesteader and maker of the most incredible salted caramel, developed this recipe for Tahini Caramel Popcorn! The deep nutty flavor of the tahini works incredibly well with the caramel, creating an addictive treat.
If starting with kernels, use 140g corn kernels (popped in neutral oil in a 4 quart lidded pot) or 16 cups of pre-popped plain popcorn
3 Tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1 cup Cara-Sel Caramel or other store bought Salted Caramel (which won’t be as delicious!)
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250º F and line a half sheet tray (18x13) with parchment.
2. Combine caramel and tahini and stir together until well combined.
3. Toss popcorn with salt in a large bowl to taste.
4. Drizzle caramel tahini mixture over the popcorn, using a spatula to toss until well coated. Best to do in a few pours.
5. Spread coated popcorn on the prepared pan and place in the oven.
6. Bake for an hour, using a spatula to stir every fifteen minutes or so. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the popcorn mix after 45 mins in the oven (ie just before removing).
7. Place the tray on a wire rack until your popcorn is completely cool.
8. Transfer to an airtight container. Popcorn will keep at room temperature for....who are we kidding, you're going to eat it all in a day.
This popcorn also makes a wonderful gift. Package in cute bags or glass jars and share with someone you want to love you forever.