Tahini Halva Date Balls
1 c pre-soaked Medjool dates (remove pips!)
1/2 c roasted mix nuts (we used walnuts and almonds)
3 tbs Organic Tahini
2 tbs coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1/4 lb halva (we used ginger halva but all of our flavors would be great)
Coconut flakes and sesame seeds for coating
1. Blend all ingredients except for the halva in a food processor until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
3. Chop the halva into small pea-sized pieces.
4. To assemble: roll a small amount of the blended mixture in the palms of your hands. Then press small piece of halva into center of each energy ball
5. Finally, coat each ball on a tray of coconut flakes and sesame seeds (we used a mix of toasted and raw coconut).
6. Place in fridge or freezer to firm up, about an hour
This recipe makes about 12 balls. They are best eaten straight from the freezer!