1 c melted dark 70% chocolate (best quality you have!)
1 c Organic Tahini
2 tbs coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs brown sugar or date syrup (we love Just Date Syrup)
1/2 c pre-cooked quinoa
3 tbs sesame seeds
3 tbs flaky coconut
2 tbs good quality olive oil
1 tbs sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Line a tray with parchment paper, spread quinoa, coconut flakes, sesame seeds and salt evenly over the tray, and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast, checking regularly to see if the mix is crisping up and turning golden, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
2. While quinoa mix is roasting, gently melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, stir in the tahini, coconut butter, vanilla and date syrup (or sugar, if using). Then, taste! If you prefer it a bit sweeter, add 1 extra tbs date syrup/sugar.
3. Pour chocolate mix into a plastic-lined loaf tin, lined with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. When chocolate mix is firm, remove from tin by flipping onto a flat surface.
5. Sprinkle quinoa mix over chocolate log and slice into individual pieces (rectangular slices, cubes or triangles).
Serves 12 – these are rich! This recipe can be made 3 days in advance and kept in an air-tight container in the fridge.