Tahini Halva Brownies
These indulgent brownies simply taste delicious. The combination of tahini, halva, and chocolate is just perfect! This recipe belongs to the great Yotam Ottolenghi - tahini pioneer and chef extraordinaire.
1 c plus 1 1/2 tbs unsalted butter cut into 3/4 inch cubes, plus extra for greasing
9 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces
4 large eggs
1 1/3 c granulated sugar
3/4 c plus 3 tbs all-purpose flour
1/3 c of Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
7oz of halva broken into 3/4 inch pieces
1/3 c Organic Tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Grease your 9 x 13 inch pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in microwave, heating in 10 bursts, stirring each time to combine as it melts
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine eggs and sugar, mixing for about 3 minutes. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and fold through gently with spatula.
3. In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a bowl. Add to the chocolate mixture and gold gently to combine. Finally, add the cubes of halva, gently fold through the mix, then pour or scrape the mixture into the lined baking pan, using a small spatula to even it out.
4. Dollop small spoonfuls of the tahini paste into the mix, then use a skewer to swirl them through.
5. Bake for about 24 minutes, let cool and cut into squares.