Tahini Honey Biscotti
These tahini honey biscotti are heavenly dunked into a cup of coffee!
1/2 c honey
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c Organic Tahini
1/4 c nut or grain milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp salt
Sesame seeds and sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 275 °F.
2. Beat together the granulated sugar, honey, tahini, olive oil, milk and vanilla until combined. Add flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt and beat again until just combined.
3. Divide the dough in half and shape into two loaves on the baking sheet, about 3/4 inches tall and 4 inches wide, leaving a couple of inches of space between the loaves.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and raw sugar.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until they turn light golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and gently slice the loaves into 1-inch wide cookies.
7. Tip the cookies on their sides and place back into the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.