Za’atar Baba Ganoush
Why not give a traditional Baba Ganoush recipe a twist by substituting regular tahini for our Za’atar Tahini? The earthy, tangy za’atar spice works perfectly with the smoky, burnt eggplant! Making this recipe is a lot simpler than you think - the only thing you need is a bit of time to get the eggplant nice and soft on the inside!
We also created a version of this recipe by scooping out the left overs of our Deconstructed Baba Ganoush recipe (adding 1 garlic clove) and blending it into a dip that lasts up to a week in the fridge. Photo by @spinachdaddy.
2 medium eggplants
¼ c Organic Za’atar Tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves
½ tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper
Pinch of smoked paprika
2-3 tbs olive oil, with extra to drizzle at the end
Finely chopped mint or parsley to garnish
Pita or crusty bread to serve
1. Place a sheet pan in your oven and preheat to 475°F.
2. Wrap eggplant in foil and roast for an hour. Once ready, the eggplant flesh should be soft on the inside.
3. Once cool, remove the eggplant flesh with a spoon (discarding the burnt skin) and place in a food processor, together with the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, 2 tbs olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth.
4. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley, pepper, smoked paprika and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
5. Serve with chopped vegetables and warm pita bread!