Zucchini Brussels Sprouts Latkes
Looking for a healthier recipe for latkes? Try these oversized, gluten-free latkes with zucchini and Brussels sprouts, made even more delicious with a tahini yogurt sauce.
For the latkes
3 zucchini, shredded
6 Brussels sprouts, shredded
7 oz halloumi, grated
2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
1 c basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 c rice flour
2 tbs buttermilk
Cracked black pepper
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Baby (micro) flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the yogurt sauce
1/2 c yogurt
2 tbs Organic Tahini
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, toss to combine the zucchini, Brussels sprouts, halloumi, onions, basil, garlic, flour, eggs, and buttermilk. Sprinkle with sesame salt blend and pepper and toss again.
2. In a 6-inch non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tsp of the oil over low-medium heat. Add 1 c of the zucchini mixture into the pan and press down to spread evenly in the pan.
3. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
4. Place on paper towel and repeat with the remaining mixture.
5 To make the yogurt sauce, in a bowl, mix the tahini, yogurt, and salt
6. Divide the zucchini fritters between plates and top with the tahini yogurt sauce, parsley, and lemon rind. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Makes 4 latkes. Enjoy!