The perfect breakfast for cold mornings: baked cinnamon apple porridge, with a tahini drizzle, always! This time we added some Evolution 18 vanilla collagen for an extra nutritional kick!
200ml milk (or substitute almond or coconut milk if looking for vegan option)
300ml boiling water
50g toastes hazelnuts (or almonds if preferred)
50g raisins (substitute with chopped dates or dried apricots if preferred)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs honey or maple syrup
3 tbs Organic Tahini (plus extra for drizzling)
2 tbs Vanilla EV_18 protein powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the oats in a bowl with the boiling water and raisins and leave for 10 minutes until the oats are soft.
3. While the oats soak, peel one of the apples and grate on a box grater.
4. Once the oats are soft add the grated apple to the oat mixture, together with the cinnamon, honey, milk, tahini and EV_18 powder. Stir everything together. Transfer the mix into a small baking tray.
5. Slice the second apple into thin slices (we use a mandolin for this without removing the apple core). Arrange the apples on top of the oat mixture. Sprinkle a touch more cinnamon and scatter the nuts across the top.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the apples are starting to crisp up.
7. Serve warm with an extra drizzle of tahini! Perfect for a cosy Winter breakfast!