So many of us think of tahini as a savory ingredient, but it pairs so incredibly well in sweeter dishes, especially with chocolate.
6 tbls unsalted butter
6 tbls Organic Tahini
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
3 tbls ground flaxseed
2 tbls chia seeds
2 tbls hemp hearts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling.
1. Ine a 13" x 9" dish with parchment paper.
2. Spray the paper with cooking spray.
3. In a saucepan, heat the butter, tahini, honey, and sugar over low heat. Whisk until the butter melts, the sugar dissolves, add the vanilla.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, cereal, flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and salt.
5. Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently combine until everything is moistened.
6. Press the the mixture into the pan. Drizzle with the melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Crushed nuts or seeds or rose petals.