Tahini and Halva Brownies. The combination of tahini, halva and chocolate is just perfect!
1 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter cut into cubes
9 oz dark chocolate broken
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup plus 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of halva cut into cubes
1/3 cup Organic Tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease your 9 x 13 inch pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in microwave, heat and combine.
3. Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and mix with electrical mixer about 3 minutes. Add the chocolatebutter mixture and fold through gently with spatula.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder into a bowl, then gently fold into the chocolate mixture. Finally, add the cubes of halva, gently fold through the mix, then pour or scrape the mixture into the lined baking pan, using a small spatula to even it out. Dollop small spoonfuls of the tahini paste into the mix, then use a skewer to swirl them through.
5. Bake for about 24 minutes, let cool and cut into squares.