Tahini and miso craft ramen are a match made in heaven! This ultimate umami flavoring pair creates the best kind of craft ramen experience (from our friends at Mike's Mighty Good Craft Ramen) layering in the complex nutty flavors of sesame. The soft, chewy noodles and rich miso broth topped off with tahini stir fried toppings comforts you from the inside out.
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, then reduce to medium heat to a simmer. Place egg in gently and time for 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
2. While waiting for the egg, slice the tofu, green onions, and shiitake mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Once the timer for the egg goes off, either place the egg in an ice bath or run it under cold water for 1 minute. Peel the egg and slice in half. Set aside.
4. Bring a skillet to medium high heat. Once heated, toss in shiitake mushrooms, tofu and 1 tsp of tahini.
5. Cook ramen according to package instructions. When ramen is ready, transfer to a bowl and top off with tofu, green onions, egg, mushrooms, nori seaweed and black sesame seeds.
Optional: Add in 1 tbsp tahini to miso broth for added sesame flavoring and/or a little bit of your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.