There is something about a sweet, baked, sesame treat. It is chewy due to the fluid, stretchy nature of tahini and crumbly due to the almond meal all at once. It requires only five ingredients and about 15 minutes to make!
2 c almond meal
3/4 c Organic Tahini
1/2 c maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
2 tsp vanilla extract
crushed cocoa nibs, chopped pistachios - to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place tahini, maple syrup, salt and vanilla in a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan on medium heat.
3. Heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Add almond meal to the tahini maple syrup mixture and mix until a rough dough forms.
5. Roll 1-2 tbs of the dough in the palm of your hands into a ball. Place on the prepared tray and flatten slightly with your fingertops.
6. If decorating, press the toppings on top of the cookie discs in the centre.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Switch off the oven and let the cookies brown slightly in the hot oven for another 5 minutes before removing.