Roasted Honeynut Squash With Tahini Sauce
4 honeynut squash
3 tbs olive oil
3 tbs maple syrup (or date syrup if you have)
Salt & pepper, to taste
Extra flaky sea salt for serving
1/2 c toasted chickpeas (store-bought are fine or make your own!)
1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
Green herb of your choice for decoration (we used fennel fronds)
Here is the recipe for the tahini sauce!
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F. Slice squash in half and remove the seeds.
2. Place squash cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper over the squash and roast for 45 minutes or until squash starts to caramelize and turn a golden color.
4. While squash is cooling, make the tahini sauce.
5. Smear the sauce over a serving platter and place the squash over the sauce, allowing it coat the base of each squash half.
6. Sprinkle over the chickpeas, sesame seeds, pinch of flaky sea salt and herbs when ready to serve.