Sautéed Greens & Tofu with Tahini 麻醬香煎豆腐蓋飯
We had so much fun in the kitchen with our friend @chopsticksmeetfork, making this Sautéed Greens & Tofu with Tahini!
1/2 block (about 200g) extra firm tofu
1 bunch leafy greens, chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cane sugar
4 tbsp Seed + Mill Spicy Tahini, regular tahini would also be delicious
2 servings cooked rice
2 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Wrap the tofu block in several paper towels and place a plate on top to release extra liquid. Let it sit for about 15-30 minutes. Slice the tofu into ¼” thick sticks, about ½” wide and 2 ½” long.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat, place the tofu sticks in the pan in one single layer. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Flip to the other side half way. Once both sides are nicely colored, drizzle in the soy sauce and sugar. Coat the tofu with the caramelized soy sauce for several seconds and remove them from the pan.
- Wipe the pan and heat oil in the same pan, add in the greens and season with salt. Sautée for 20-40 seconds. Do not overcook it so you don't lose the crisp. Remove from the pan.
- Place the greens and the tofu in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in some of the tahini and mix well to coat.
- To serve, place the rice in two serving bowls, top with the greens and the tofu. Drizzle on some more of the tahini. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds. Serve warm.