Asparagus Tahini Soup
Whip up a hearty meal in a heartbeat with this easy to make lemon asparagus tahini soup!
1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 1/2 c low-sodium broth
1/4 c fresh chives
2 2-inch pieces of lemon peel
1/4 c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Spicy crispy chickpeas to garnish, optional (but recommended!)
1. Fry onions for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
2. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute, then add the broth, chives and lemon peels.
4. Bring soup to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer and cook about 10-15 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
5. Transfer soup to an upright blender and add the tahini and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Add salt and/or lemon juice to taste.
7. Garnish with chives and Spicy crispy chickpeas