Baked Apple & Spiced Tahini Oatmeal Cups
Whether it’s for breakfast or an afternoon snack, these Tahini & Apple Oatmeal cups are really tasty and super satisfying. We prefer them served warm, with some yogurt and fruit, but you can also pack these into a school lunchbox or enjoy them as a snack on the go!
These freeze really well or last up to 5 days in the fridge, so we often make a batch on a Sunday night for family breakfasts that last all week.
2 c old fashioned rolled oats
2 c grated apples (approx. 2 apples)
2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other preferred milk)
¾ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
½ c chopped walnuts (almonds or pecans would work well too)
1 tbsp maple (or honey if not vegan)
1 tbsp vanilla (we love using our NZ friends' brand Heilala)
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon (cardamom is nice too or a bit of both)
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Roughly chop apples in a food processor or use a box grater.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, vanilla, tahini, salt and maple.
- Stir in the oats, spices and grated apples, then spoon into cupcake liners in a muffin tray.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until just set and slightly golden on the top.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and place in the fridge for breakfast or snacks all week.