Baked Apple Tahini Porridge
100 g oats
200 ml milk (or dairy-free alternative)
300 ml boiling water
50 g toasted hazelnuts (or almonds if preferred)
50 g raisins (substitute with chopped dates or dried apricots if preferred)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs honey or maple syrup
3 tbs Seed + Mill Organic Tahini (plus extra for drizzling)
2 tbs Vanilla EV_18 protein powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. In a bowl, combine oats, boiling water, and raisins and leave until the oats are soft, about 10 minutes.
3. While the oats soak, peel one of the apples and grate on a box grater.
4. Once the oats are soft add the grated apple to the oat mixture, together with the cinnamon, honey, milk, tahini and EV_18 powder. Stir to combine and then transfer the mix into a small baking tray.
5. Slice the second apple into thin slices (we use a mandolin for this, leaving in the core for a pretty star shape). Arrange the apples on top of the oat mixture. Sprinkle a touch more cinnamon and scatter the nuts across the top.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the apples are starting to crisp up.
7. Serve warm with an extra drizzle of tahini!
Also in Recipes
This recipe comes from Jessie Sheehan's new book Snackable Bakes, which we cannot wait to bake our way through!
"These are a take on my MIL’s Oh Henry!® bars, a fantastically chewy and flavorful bar cookie, that gives off plenty of the caramel/peanut/chocolate vibes of the actual candy. That is due to a slightly nutty oat base that is briefly cooked on the stovetop, baked, and then topped with a chocolate glaze. They were on regular rotation when my husband was growing up and I’m still jealous about that. Here, I’ve given them a little tahini makeover (usually they call for peanut butter) and I’m pretty darn excited about it."
We had a lot of fun making these skewers with the vegan kelp “meat” made by our friends at Akua! Anything that involves a grill, warm weather, good company and delicious whole ingredient food is going to keep us happy!
We paired these skewers with a vibrant, herby tahini sauce that is perfect as a skewer dipping, drizzle sauce, salad dressing or crudite dip!