Sweet & Spicy Roasted Carrot & Tahini Dip
We adapted this delicious recipe by Ella Murphy from the Flamingo Estate cookbook. Perfect for your holiday table, this dip is delicious on its own with crackers, bread or fresh vegetables, but it's also great when topped with seasonal roasted vegetables, grains or your favorite grilled protein! In this version, we topped it with oven roasted carrots. Watch us make it on Youtube and Reels.
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
5 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp sumac
¼ tsp cumin
¼ chili flakes (or Urfa Chili if you can find it!)
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini (plus 2 tsp extra for drizzling)
1 tbsp honey (or sub with date syrup for a vegan option)
2 cloves of garlic (we roasted our first, or, even better, use our Roasted Garlic Tahini and skip the extra garlic)
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place the chopped carrots into a saucepan on medium heat and cover with ½ c water. Bring to a simmer. Cover the saucepan and allow to to cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the lid and continue cooking until all of the water has evaporated.
3. Place 3-4 tbs olive oil into the saucepan and allow the carrots to slightly caramelize (about 5 mins). Toss the pan to lightly brown the carrots on each side.
4. Place carrots and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth(ish). We prefer this dip slightly chunky, but you can also keep pulsing until it’s completely smooth. If the dip is too chunky, add 1-2 tbs water or extra olive oil to thin it out.
5. To assemble, smooth out your base dip with a spatula, add your toppings, then drizzle some extra tahini!