Chocolate Olive Oil Tahini Cups
This "just sweet enough" recipe comes from our friends Dr. Limor Goren, founder of kyoord olive oil and photographer/recipe developer, Hallie Sharpless. We love how the super simple the ingredient list is, yet they come together to create a sophisticated, nuanced sweet bite. We loved the deep cocoa, nutty taste, but you can add a touch of extra maple/date syrup for a sweeter option (we recommend tasting the mixture before you freeze to determine your preference for sweetness).
¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tbsp kyoord EVOO (or best quality olive oil you can find)
1 tbsp pure maple syrup or date syrups (depending on what's in your pantry!) or more to taste
8 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
Flaky sea salt, to garnish
- Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add the cocoa powder, olive oil, and maple/date syrup. Stir together till smooth and pourable, like melted chocolate. Taste to see if you’d like it sweeter and adjust with additional maple or date syrup.
- Fill each lined cup about ⅓ the way with the chocolate mix. Place the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the first layer has hardened, add a tsp of tahini to the center of each cup atop of the chocolate layer. Return the muffin tin to the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- For the final layer, cover the tahini and fill the cups up to the top with the remaining chocolate mix. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt and place in the freezer till set, about 10 more minutes.
- Enjoy your chocolate tahini cups once they have completely hardened. Store the cups in the fridge or freezer for up to a week in an airtight container.