We teamed up with our friends at Banza to create a delicious vegan pizza recipe! Other veg like zucchini or carrots would be amazing here, but we loved the baba ganoush vibes that we got with the eggplant!
1 Banza Pizza Crust
2 small or 1 large eggplant, cut into ¼" thick slices
¼ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini, any of our flavors are great here
¼ c lemon juice, plus zest for garnish
1 tsp za'atar
Small handful of mint leaves, stems removed
Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium. Take Banza crust out of the freezer and allow to defrost at room temperature while you prepare ingredients. Season the eggplant on both sides with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper as desired.
- For the eggplant: When grill is hot, add the eggplant and cook until evenly charred on both sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- For the crust: Rub crust with 1 tsp olive oil on each side. Add crust to grill, still on medium heat, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
- For the Za’atar Tahini Sauce: In a small bowl, combine Seed + Mill Organic Tahini, lemon juice, za’atar, 3 tablespoons of cold water, a pinch of salt and pepper as desired. Whisk until sauce is smooth and creamy (it might take 1-2 mins to get the right smooth consistency, don’t panic if it doesn’t look perfect straight away). You can add additional tahini to thicken or more water or lemon to thin out!
- To serve: Top pizza with tahini sauce, then layer grilled eggplant. Garnish with mint leaves, and finish with crushed red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
Notes: If you don’t have a grill, this recipe still works great with an indoor grill pan.