OCCO x Renewal Mill Spiced Tahini Swirl Brownies
These are not your average boxed brownies, although they do come together in a matter of minutes, thanks to Renewal Mill's convenient and delicious baking mix. We added some tahini swirls, chunks of halva and some extra spice to take these brownies to the next level. The key ingredients are all available together as a part of our Tahini Swirl Brownie Baking Kit, one of our limited edition gifts this holiday season.
1 bag of Renewal Mill Upcycled Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
¼ c + 2 tbsp neutral oil
¾ c hot water
¼ tsp OCCO salt
¼ tsp OCCO edible rose petals
¼ tsp OCCO cinnamon
¼ tsp OCCO cardamom
1/2 container Seed + Mill Halva, cubed or broken up into chunks
2-3 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (325 if you're using a glass baking dish).
- Pour the entire bag of brownie mix into a large bowl.
- Add oil and water. Mix until all of the ingredients are moistened and the batter is thick and fudgy- it may seem too thick, but we promise that's a good thing! Add the salt, cinnamon and cardamom, and continue to mix gently for an additional 60 seconds.
- Grease a 9" x 9" or an 8" x 8" square baking pan or glass baking dish. Spread the batter evenly in the pan, then press in the cubes of halva.
- Drizzle small spoonfuls of tahini around the batter- channel your inner Jackson Pollock.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes in the center of the oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or until only a few crumbs are stuck to it.
- Allow the brownies to cool slightly before adding a sprinkling of the rose petals. Once completely cool, slice and enjoy!