Sheet Pan Veggies with Tahini Dijon Dressing
This recipe comes from Nisha Melvani's upcoming cookbook Practically Vegan.
"With just a single sheet pan to clean and an easy four-ingredient dressing to whip up—oh, and the twenty-minute cook time—this is bound to become one of your go-to sides.
You can switch out the veggies and use what you have on hand. Just make sure to use firmer veggies like cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers, and squash. Keep to the quantities and sizes of the veggies in the recipe. You can even add some chickpeas to the mix to get in that plant protein."
For the veggies
2 c broccoli or broccolini florets
2 c medium to large Brussels sprouts, halved
1 medium to large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
Olive oil, for roasting
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Tahini Dijon Dressing
½ c Dijon mustard
½ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
¼ c apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the veggies
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
2. Combine the broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potato in a medium bowl. Toss with just enough olive oil to give the vegetables a slick, glossy coating. Add the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and use your hands to rub the vegetables with the oil and seasonings.
3.Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking sheet, placing them in a single layer without overcrowding. Roast for 15 minutes, then toss. Roast for about 5 minutes more, or until the sweet potato is just tender. If desired, change the oven setting to broil and cook for about 2 minutes more, or until the Brussels sprouts are slightly charred. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large bowl.
4. Add the desired amount of dressing to the roasted vegetables and stir to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For the dressing
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the mustard, tahini, cider vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ½ cup water until combined. Adjust the maple syrup to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Refrigerate any remaining dressing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe courtesy of PRACTICALLY VEGAN. Copyright © 2022 by Nisha Melvani
Published by Rodale, an imprint of Penguin Random House.