Tahini Basque Cheesecake
This recipe is inspired by Courtney Roulston's Tahini Burnt Basque Cheesecake. The addition of tahini to this classic Basque dessert is a beautiful compliment to the pleasantly burnt exterior and the dense, creamy interior. We served ours with mixed berries from the farmer's market, but it would be delicious with any seasonal fruit, including peaches in the summer, roasted apples in the fall, or citrus in the winter. Watch us make it on Youtube and Reels.
600 g full fat cream cheese, room temperature
50 g Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1 c caster sugar
2 tbsp honey
300ml sour cream
2 tbsp flour
Juice & zest of a lemon
Assorted fruit, to garnish
- Heat your oven to 400°.
- Grease and line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper, ensuring there's at least a 2" overhang on all sides (the cheesecake will rise quite a bit!)
- Blend the cream cheese and tahini in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, honey, sour cream, flour, lemon zest and juice. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tap on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the cake is dark brown ("burnished" should come to mind!) and just set in the center. It should still wobble a bit when jiggled.
- Allow cheesecake to cool completely before serving. Garnish slices with fruit and enjoy!