Have you tried Tahini Buttercream before? We promise your guests will be begging for the secret ingredient in this surprisingly delicious cake frosting! We used this Passover friendly Carrot Cake recipe for this pic and added some caramelized baby carrots for decoration! The recipe for the baby carrot topping is included below. We also LOVE LOVE LOVE the combination of chocolate cake with Tahini Buttercream!
1 c (2 sticks) of butter, softened
½ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1½ c powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Beat the butter and tahini together until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, then the vanilla and the salt. Continue to beat until completely smooth and lightened in color, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
For the caramelized baby carrots
1 small bag (2 cups) baby carrots (I found really cute tiny ones at a supermarket, you make them smaller at home by slicing them)
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Melt the butter
- Toss the carrots in the melted butter
- Place the carrots in a small ovenproof dish
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar and give the dish a good shake before placing in the oven (so that the carrots are well coated in the sugar/butter mix)
- Remove from oven after 20 mins or until carrots have started to slightly soften and caramelize
- Allow to cool before placing the cake. Drizzle with the extra caramel that should have settled at the bottom of the dish. You can also use some extra store bought caramel for an indulgent additional drizzle of caramel!