Tahini Granola Bars
So many of us think of tahini as a savory ingredient, but it pairs so incredibly well in sweeter dishes, especially with chocolate.
6 tbsp unsalted butter
6 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1/2 c honey
1/4 c light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c old-fashioned rolled oats
1 c quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 c brown rice cereal
3 tbs ground flaxseed
2 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs hemp hearts
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling.
1. Line a 13" x 9" dish with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray
2. In a saucepan, combine the butter, tahini, honey, and sugar over low heat, whisking until the butter melts the sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla and remove from heat
3. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, cereal, flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and salt.
4. Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently combine until everything is coated.
5. Press the mixture into your prepared dish and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Add toppings like crushed nuts, seeds, or rose petals.