Tahini Oats With Grilled Apricots
3 ripe apricots
1 c oats
1 c milk of choice (dairy, nut or oat milk all work)
1 1/4 c boiling water
1/4 c toasted hazelnuts (or almonds if preferred)
1/4 c toasted coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp date, honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini (plus extra for drizzling at the end)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
2. Pour boiling water over oats and let sit until oats are soft, about 10 mins.
3. Once the oats are soft, stir in cinnamon, date syrup, milk, tahini and half the nuts/coconuts flakes (saving the remainder to sprinkle over the top to finish).
4. Transfer the mix into a small baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
5. While oats are baking, heat up a grill pan. Once hot, place cut apricots (or peaches if using) on grill and cook for 1 min on each side until slightly softened.
6. Remove oats from the oven, and place grilled apricots over the top. Finish with a sprinkle of the remaining nuts and coconut flakes.
7. Best served warm with an extra drizzle of Seed + Mill Organic Tahini.
Also in Recipes
This recipe comes from Jessie Sheehan's new book Snackable Bakes, which we cannot wait to bake our way through!
"These are a take on my MIL’s Oh Henry!® bars, a fantastically chewy and flavorful bar cookie, that gives off plenty of the caramel/peanut/chocolate vibes of the actual candy. That is due to a slightly nutty oat base that is briefly cooked on the stovetop, baked, and then topped with a chocolate glaze. They were on regular rotation when my husband was growing up and I’m still jealous about that. Here, I’ve given them a little tahini makeover (usually they call for peanut butter) and I’m pretty darn excited about it."
We had a lot of fun making these skewers with the vegan kelp “meat” made by our friends at Akua! Anything that involves a grill, warm weather, good company and delicious whole ingredient food is going to keep us happy!
We paired these skewers with a vibrant, herby tahini sauce that is perfect as a skewer dipping, drizzle sauce, salad dressing or crudite dip!