Tahini Oats With Grilled Apricots
3 ripe apricots
1 c oats
1 c milk of choice (dairy, nut or oat milk all work)
1 1/4 c boiling water
1/4 c toasted hazelnuts (or almonds if preferred)
1/4 c toasted coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp date, honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp Seed + Mill Organic Tahini (plus extra for drizzling at the end)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
2. Pour boiling water over oats and let sit until oats are soft, about 10 mins.
3. Once the oats are soft, stir in cinnamon, date syrup, milk, tahini and half the nuts/coconuts flakes (saving the remainder to sprinkle over the top to finish).
4. Transfer the mix into a small baking tray and bake for 20 mins.
5. While oats are baking, heat up a grill pan. Once hot, place cut apricots (or peaches if using) on grill and cook for 1 min on each side until slightly softened.
6. Remove oats from the oven, and place grilled apricots over the top. Finish with a sprinkle of the remaining nuts and coconut flakes.
7. Best served warm with an extra drizzle of Seed + Mill Organic Tahini.
Also in Recipes
Alison Roman's Sugar Plum Galette with Halva
The halva here is subtle, but adds a welcomed nutty flavor and tender texture on top of the flaky crust, and beneath the jammy fruit, lending it a not-not peanut butter and jelly quality. It's also lending its talents as a sweetener (meaning less granulated sugar on your fruit), and also providing something for those juices to sink into as the fruit bakes, which leaves you with a never-soggy bottom