Could there be anything prettier, or more delicious than sunny golden peaches, still bubbling out of the oven, and topped with a buttery sesame crumble! We adapted this genius recipe we first discovered a few years ago by Sarah Jampel, at Bon Appetit. We've been making it every Summer since, and rotating the fruit base, depending on the season. We love this dish for dessert, but always make a little extra, so we have breakfast covered the following day! Watch us make it on Youtube and Reels.
2½ lb sliced peaches (approx. 6-7)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 c sugar
1¼ tsp kosher salt
⅓ c white sesame seeds
1 c all purpose flour
½ c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
¼ tsp ground cardamom
⅓ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
Your favorite ice cream, to serve
For the peaches
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place peaches in a baking dish (we used 13"x9" but a round pie dish works well too).
- Zest and juice the lemon, set the zest aside for the topping. Drizzle lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt over the peaches and toss to combine.
For the topping
- Toast sesame seeds in the oven on a baking sheet until golden brown (approx. 5 mins, but watch carefully so they don't burn). You can also do this in a fry pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cooled sesame seeds with flour, sugar and 1 tsp salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, cinnamon, cardamom, melted butter, tahini and sesame oil.
- Pour wet ingredients over the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated and the mixture looks like wet sand, but holds together when pressed.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the peaches and toss to combine.
- Crumble topping over peaches, squeezing some of the topping into larger chunks and letting some remain loose and crumbly.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown and the peaches are fragrant and bubbling (approx, 1 hour).
Serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or the next morning with yogurt. Enjoy!