We teamed up with our friends at Banza to create a healthier, Middle Eastern, twist on everyone's favorite loaded snack: nachos! Toasted pizza crust wedges are topped with bright, colorful veggies, pickles, and olives, then drizzled with a creamy Golden Turmeric Tahini Sauce, so each bite is uniquely delicious!
2 Banza Pizza Crusts (feel free to use any pizza crust or pita if you can't find them)
¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
Juice of 2 lemons, divided
2 tbsp za'atar
1 tsp turmeric
½ c Seed + Mill Organic Tahini
1 tbsp date syrup
½ pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
⅓ c olives, halved
Small handful of parsley leaves, stems removed
Small handful of mint leaves, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Take Banza crust out of the freezer and allow to defrost at room temperature.
- For the pickled cabbage: In a small bowl, combine cabbage, juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt. Gently massage cabbage, then add red onion to bowl and set aside to pickle.
- For the pita chips: Once slightly defrosted, cut crusts into 12 wedges. Divide wedges between 2 baking sheets and toss with 3 tbsp olive oil and za’atar until coated on both sides. Bake until light golden, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- For the Golden Tahini Sauce: While crusts bake, in a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, turmeric, date syrup, 2 tbsp water and juice of remaining 1 lemon. The sauce should be drizzle-able. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- To assemble: On a large serving platter or baking sheet, layer za’atar pita chips with drained pickled cabbage and onions, cherry tomatoes, olives, parsley and mint leaves. Drizzle with golden turmeric sauce and dig in